• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Connecting to the internet.

likkleemma

FPCH New Member
Hi, my neighbour has just had vigin media broadbrand put in, and her computer doesnt have an ethernet port. When i rang virgin to show me how to connect using usb, they said i was missing something.
He told me to go into device manager, and look under something to find the usb(or modem). bUt nothing was there relating to what he had asked. He told me he couldnt help and to get an ethernet port.
Problem is i wanted to know why it wouldnt connect through the usb, because my second computer connects to the internet through usb, and it bamboozling me.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Emma

Jamey

FPCH Member
Are there any devices in the Device Manager that have yellow exclamation marks besides them? They are usually listed under 'Unknown Devices'. If so, it may be that your computers USB drivers are not installed. Please could you post back here what you find.