• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Connecting two Tower PCs

jenian

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Hi all,
Can I join/connect my new Tower Pc with my old Tower Pc and use the same monitor, keyboard, mouse and broadband connection (Orange livebox) the Pcs are nearly next to one another. They both run Win XP but i want to access both on the same monitor if possible (Lcd monitor with dvi and ordinery socket) is this possible please. Thank you.

Regards Ian.

jenian

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Just The Job

Thank you so much Wolfeymole. I'll order one right away.

Cheers Ian

jenian

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Ta So Much

Installed belkin kvm switch about 3 weeks ago and works brilliantlly, thank you:). Please can you help with another problem! I have changed the drive letters to my 2 dvd optical drives on one of my PC's and now I cannot access them. They show that they are working correctly in device manager and I have uninstalled and reinstalled them with no success. Unfortunaitly I cannot remember the original drive letters.
Regards Ian.

Goku

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows XP - Professional
You are Welcome Ian. :)

For your other problem, its a little tricky as you don't remember the correct Drive letters. However, read the following article from the Microsoft Knowledge Base and see if you can restore your Drive Letters to their default settings.

How to restore the system/boot drive letter in Windows

Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck. :)

-- Goku

W

Wolfeymole

I rather think this is not a boot drive letter issue Goku.

You should be able to change the letter by right clicking on the drive in Disk Management and changing the letter there.

Have a look at this article here.

how to change drive letter