• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Connection of Modem to Modem

Matalan

FPCH Member
I have a Xircom CardBus Ethernet 100+ Modem 56 modem in my laptop (Windows 98SE) and a SoftV92 Voice Modem with Smart CP in my desktop (Windows XP) and i would like to be able to share an internet connection between the two of them using my modems. Its it a possibility that i could simiply connect a modem cable (phone line cable) between the two and some how make them work together? I cant connect the two through Parralel or Serial many because of port usuage and through ethernet i dont have the correct linkage cable just a standard network cable so is there anyway i can get the two modems to work together by plugging the cable from the desktop straight into the laptop?

Thanks for whoever replys