• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Connectivity problem. Cannot update or connect to POP3 servers

oylok

FPCH New Member
This started all of a sudden. I have not changed any of my settings or installed new programs. I have disabled the firewall but the problem pesists. I am using Windows XP SP2 home edition. I connect via a Topcom wireless router. Any help will be much appreciated.

Here is the error message:

Windows has detected a problem with the winsock provider catalog on this computer.

Last diagnostic run time: 02/03/08 13:33:12 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10061.
error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error 10061.
error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP.
action Automated repair: Reset WinSock catalog
action Successfully executed: netsh winsock reset catalog
info System restart required