• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

copy from source cmd

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh i completely forgot how to do this now...
right the story is i have a customer (old guy not IT literate),has a win98 laptop with Quicken4 (not compatible with xp which he uses......i have sorted this though).
i am trying to write a bat file that will copy all relevant files and folders to the c: drive and then create a shortcut on his desktop for quicken.
the only issue i have is i cant remeber the cmd of how to copy from cd...
i know copy f:\file c:\file but i dont his drive letter..
in short what is the copy from source command..
i thought it was copy %source% but NOPE i have triedx %cdrom% but guess what NOPE.
once i have copied the file to the c:\ (root) the all other commands will work..
i have real brain drain today.
any help will be gladly received and returned by me when you have an issue...
kind regards to all at pc help
danzil

sorry i juyst cant remeber lol

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
all sorted now...thanks for that link anyhow jogged my memory a lot...
cheers maynardvdm
kind regards
danzil

mike

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Pc Guru
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator