• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Copying to laptop.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi all.

Obviously I can copy a document from my laptop on the printer etc, but is it possible to copy a document to my laptop after I've scanned it on the printer which is an HP Deskjet 2540 model.

I'm not looking to edit it, but to send it on in an email.

Thanks in anticipation.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Thanks KenB, glad I checked back as I didn't get a notifier? Followed your link & after a bit of "poking around" in the relevant section, (the set-up isn't the same as per the online manual) I managed to get the scanned item showing on the screen as being printed/copied, but can't do anything with it from there. The HP icon on the apps screen had "error" by it & I think that was from when I'd tried to link the printer remotely, but it wouldn't have it, so reverted to it being wire linked which works fine. That's the only app for the HP showing.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Er! update. Well I've managed to get the document onto an email which was what I was after doing, but having gone all round the houses to get there, I've no idea the route I took.