• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

cpu help! upgrade

iqbal

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Beginner
hi
Regreatfully i bent the pins on my processor beyond repair. easy option would be to replace like to like but iam wandering if there is an oppurtunity to upgrade the processor. there is compatibility web site but me being retired have limited knowledge so any help for my best option will be appreciated. my motherboard is k8t neo ms6702 ver 1.0 with socket 754 and the processor is amd sempron 3100+ with part no sda3100aip3ax.any help identifying couple of options with details of the processor will be appreciated thanking in advance.:confused:

dpainter

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi there
before gettng a new CPU . Did you bind the pins trying to install the CPU? If so then maksure there are no pins missing as they may be stuck in the socket.

If all is good check here

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K8T-Neo-FSR--FIS2R.html#/?div=Detail

Basic Specification
|
Detail Specification

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CPU[/FONT]

• Supports 64-bit AMD® Athlon™ 64 processor (Socket 754)
• Supports up to 3200+, 3400+, 3700+ or higher CPU
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.

I do not think you can buy a socket 754 any more but not sure

Top Bottom