• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

CPU Unworkable message at Boot up

runningman

FPCH New Member
Hi,
I turned on my PC yesterday and at boot up a the following message came up " CPU is unworkable or been changed"- I have not changed anything and had no problem previous to this.
I continued with Boot up by pressing F! and windows XP cant load.
Ani Ideas on whats wrong and what i can do to put things right>
Many thanks.

petef

FPCH Member
PC Experience
runningman said:
Hi,
I turned on my PC yesterday and at boot up a the following message came up " CPU is unworkable or been changed"- I have not changed anything and had no problem previous to this.
This sounds familiar. I think I had a computer with the same problem and the fix
was to replace the battery on the motherboard and also set the proper CPU
clock frequencyin the BIOS. That fixed it.

---pete---