• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

CPU working at 100%

tunna

FPCH Member
Hi guys,

It's me again! I've fixed all the things I wanted to fix initially but I've noticed my CPU is working over time. I've upgraded my RAM as much as I can but after changing from AVG to MS essentials my computer has been really slow and when I watch videos the sound is cutting in and out and the video is lagging. I'm not sure what I've done :S I've cleaned the dust from my computer and changed the heat compound.

As usual, I'd be most grateful for any suggestion :)
Thanks,
Zoe

tunna

FPCH Member
BTW could this be a browser problem? I'm using Google Chrome at the moment but I'm not sure what is best for my computer. (Toshiba Equium L40-14l, Vista, 32 bit, 2GB ram)

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
What is the CPU % on idle? Boot up, give it 5 minutes and then check.
You could try Mozilla Firefox and see if that solves anything.

tunna

FPCH Member
Hey, I'm back! I've been using Mozilla for over a week now and it has helped a little bit but when I play videos it can still get a bit choppy. When I check the task manager, Adobe player seems to be going a bit erratic? I've upgraded my ram as much as I can so is there anything else I can do?

Synapse

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Whilst you have Task Manager open, have a look at which tasks are running high CPU load.

How much memory did you upgrade to?

tunna

FPCH Member
The programs that are causing the most problems are Firefox (was Chrome before I replaced it) and two lots of Adobe Flash Player (plugin 11_4_402_265) whilst I'm playing one video on the 4od channel. It keeps stopping to buffer but I think that's more to do with my rubbish internet.

tunna

FPCH Member
Oops forgot to say that I upgraded from 1GB to 2GB which is maximum I am able to do on my computer.

Top Bottom