• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

cursor frozen

billmor

FPCH New Member
:mad: My cursor has frozen, i checked the usb ports, all fine there. i got to the mouse control panel and it says all is well, i tried an optical mouse and a corded mouse, i have rebooted, done all i can and still nothing! Please help before i lose my mind!

C

CrazyComputerMan

Have you tried the mouse you've used to different computer to see if they working okay.

Also i suspect that malware might affect your cursor, Answer the first question and we'll see what we can do next :cool:

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hi Billmor.

Let's see if the cursor freezes in Safe Mode.

To access Safe Mode, keep tapping F8 as soon as you turn on your computer. A boot menu will appear in which you can use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and then press enter. The internet won't work in Safe Mode, but play around with some programs and let us know if the cursor freezes.

We should also see what's running on your computer via a program called HijackThis. Please download the HijackThis installer from here. Run the program and choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile". Please copy and paste that log back here.

If the cursor freezes before you're able to download and run HijackThis, then download it using "Safe Mode With Networking", from the aforementioned boot menu.