• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

data errors (cyclic redundancy)

steviepratt

FPCH New Member
Please can anyone help i have some music files that i cant delete coming up with data errors (cyclic redundancy) and directory empty. Can i fix these or do i need to reimage my hard drive?

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like one of your sectors that the music files are stored on is corrupted. You need to check the disk for errors: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP. Select the "Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer" link in that article and follow the steps listed.

Your computer should then perform a check disk operation on the next boot up. So restart Windows and wait for it to finish. Then try and delete these music files again.