• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Dead laptop?

gordycarr

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
I have an HP G6000 laptop. It is with Windows 7.

There is power going in to it and lights on the dashboard. But it will not turn on.
The power light comes on and it makes some whirring and stirring noises then the power light flashes like it is sleeping.. then ..... NOTHING!!!!!

Any ideas? Please tell me it is not the hard drive fried.. AGAIN!

Synapse

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Remove the power adapter, and then the battery, press the power button for 20 seconds.

Then, fit the mains adapter and see if it will start. If so, shut it down, fit the battery and try again.

If none of that works, it needs the help of a repair shop I'm afraid. It could be the mains adapter going faulty, or a mainboard or possibly a drive fault.

gordycarr

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
dead laptop

thanks for your help, It didn't work, so i guess we off to the repair shop with it in the morning!
Thanks anyway mate