• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

deleted partion

roscozx

FPCH New Member
Hi,

I have a problem that I haven't a clue how to solve, I will start from the begining..

I was given a desk top, has 128 ram AMD processor and it came with ME the person that gave iot to me installed XP and the pc was running so slow it took 15 minutes to get to the windows desk top (maybe because it had 2 OS installed).

Very stupidly I booted from the windows disc and deleted the partion, tried to format the partikon but after 1.5 hours and only on 3% it said can not format, windoes will not install and I have no ASR disc.

Not bothered about stuff that was on there just want to start from scratch with XP, I think I may have deleted more then I should have, can anyone help?

Jamey

FPCH Member
Run the Windows XP setup as before. While in the text-mode portion of setup, you will be prompted for partition information. Delete all of the partitions. You should then have a list with no partitions in it. Press the Enter key and select NTFS Quick Format. If that's not available, select the FAT32 Quick Format.