• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Deleting .avi file

badger2525

FPCH New Member
I have a avi. windows movie file which is taking up a lot of space on my external hard drive. I have tried to delete the file but a message comes up saying someone else is using it or a programme is using it. I cannot move it or rename it as the same thing happens.

I have tried to delete it in safe mode and tried via Windows Defender but I do not think it is a virus.
Can anyone help me ?

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator