• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Deleting Temp files.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Guys,I have run into a problem,deleting temp files.
In IE6 Tools>Internet options>Delete files>Delete offline content>OK. System freezes everytime. Is there another route I can try? Any help appreciated.
Running XP SP3.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi doug;
How about that program that starts with a C. Not for novices as you said.

I know that doesn't explain the problem but it's worth a try if you're stuck in a loop.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
maynard types fast.
Links fast too.
Posted while I typed less.

Good point on safe mode too maynard.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi Guys Thanks for the quick reply. In safe mode I can't pull up Internet explorer at all. 5 tries. Got out of safe mode then no probs.Only had this prob since getting SP3.
Not sure whether beta. Just says Version V3264. C prog Randy has been a huge prob for me in the past.I ticked the wrong boxes on 2 occassions resulting in 2 reformats. What's the best way of getting rid of SP3 and all the traces it may leave behind? Thank again.
Thanks Maynard for your help too.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Will remove SP3 now and reboot. Will get back when I know more.Thanks Guys.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
You can also try Control Panel, Internet Options - it's the same window that you get when you open IE/tools. The difference is that you don't have to start IE.

You can also delete some temp files using All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I removed SP3. Still the same with IE. Says program not responding.
All Programs>Accessories>System Tools> Disc Cleanup works so problem solved.
Thanks Kelly, and all who were kind enough to help.