• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Dell Dimension 9200 changing hard drive

joy

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Beginner
My old Dell Dimension 9200 motherboard died, and I have been lucky to acquire a working replacement which has 2 hard drives set up on RAID array (2x160gb).
I want to install my old drive onto the new computer. I know how to make the change physically, but what I would like to know is - do I need to change the BIOS?
Thanks
Joy

KenB

Administrator
Hi Joy and welcome to FpcH

Couple of questions.
1. Do you intend trying to use the old hard-drive with the old version of Windows still installed?

2. Is the new motherboard exactly the same model as the one that died?

3. Which operating system is on the hard-drive that you wish to install [ assuming that you are not re-installing the OS ]

4. Do you have a Windows Installation Disk for the OS that you wish to install ?

OK - I know I exceeded my "couple of questions" limit :)

Top Bottom