• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Desktop Crash on startup

Cameron777

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
ok heres the problem yesterday my pc crashed while i was playing a game of dawn of war dark crusade. so the pc was totally froze and i needed a hard restart when i turned my pc back on i get to the desktop and the pc would freeze and then the screen would turn black like in standby mode and i have absolutly no idea on what is causing the problem. im here in safemode which is the only way i can excess the pc for more then 5 seconds. if anybody knows what to do i would be more than greatful.

Dalo Harkin

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Hi Cameron and welcome to free PC help.
Ok first of all have you installed anything new recently?
have you tried going into the BIOS and clicking 'run optimized defaults'
from what you are saying it sounds graphic card related, and could be the result of a new driver?

Cameron777

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
i updated my videocard driver last week but my pc has been fine.
and il try that in BIOS now.

i rolled back my pc to the 1st june and still no change.