• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

desktop picture

msheep

FPCH New Member
I run Windows XP and I can not get a picture on my desktop, when I try to get one nothing happens.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
when you power the pc on do receive the normal bios beeps.
do you see the bios load on the screen during post.
what is your system specs.
what graphics card do you have, is it onboard
what happened previously to make this happen.
i would first try reseating the graphics card, and possibly memory.
if still no joy i would try another stick of ram, then possible a graphics card, if you have spares knocking about
regards
danzil

msheep

FPCH New Member
thanks for reply I have tried reseating the graphics card which incedently is an anvida onboard everything else graphic wise seems to be working ok with it. I have tried system restore the graphis is 64 meg by the way.