• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Detecting Internet Connection.

HaVoKoLoGy

FPCH New Member
I have an issue with my broadband connection. It works fine but some software that I tried to install stated that I needed to have an active internet connection. It doesn't seem to be able to recognicse that I am online. The software is for the Zune mp4 player. No matter what I do the software won't connect to the web. I know it has something to do with my internet options or settings but not sure where to look....any help would be greatly appreciated.

HaVoK

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Hello HaVoKoLoGy and welcome to FPCH

Well we need to get some basic information first to help us assist you.

1. What operating system are you running?
2. What firewall software are you running, built-in or 3rd party such as Symantec/McAfee ?
3. What connection type. Phone line modem, DSL, Cable, or Dish?
4. What computer brand ?

If you're on XP/Vista please look in the Device Manager and see if there are any devices with either a YELLOW or RED indicator on them.

Thanks