• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Device manager problems after loading Monitor drivers?

ledzepgreg

FPCH New Member
Can anyone give me some help here- i have just received a second hand flat-screen monitor (HP Compaq FP5315).

I downloaded some drivers off the Internet as had no disc for the monitor, it just had 'sleep mode' when connected to my PC (XP Pro).

Set the downloads to run.

Since doing this my PC will not start on Normal mode and i have to run in safe mode- my PC also shows a screen at start up (very briefly) with warning system dump and device working in a possible loop?

I haven't a clue how to fix this- please help!!

Jamey

FPCH Member
You do not need a driver for most monitors, this was your first mistake. If this is the only thing you changed on your system, the driver you downloaded may have contained some spyware or a virus or something similar. Try plugging back in your original monitor, start Windows in Safe Mode and uninstall the drivers. Then do a full system sweep and scan with whatever tools you have, anti-virus, anti-spyware etc.