• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

digital camara videos (.avi) cannot be played in windows media player

Thazard30

FPCH New Member
Sorry but i'm extremely new to computers and there many uses. I have a jvc digital camara which saves everything in a .avi extension. the only way i can view the video i have taken is in the software that came with camera. I have tried thousands of time to play it with windows media player. It keeps telling me that i does not recognizes that ext.avi. Please help

Jamey

FPCH Member
You need to read the manual that came with your JVC camcorder and see what it recommends you play the file with. There is a strangely-named application called GSpot which allows you to open video files and determine which codec you need to be able to play it. Try it out and see what you can find.

Post back any results here.