• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

disc boot failure

zatoichi

FPCH New Member
Hi

every time I boot up there is a message saying ' disc boot failure, insert systen disc....' I have to select C drive from boot menu every time. I thought it might be a windows problem, could not work around it and eventually tried to reinstall windows xp pro OS. On reboot after format I had the same error, so cant install windows to that drive because I have to select the DVD drive, reboot and of course the whole process starts again. Luckily my old C drive still had windows installed, so I put it back into the pc and selected that from the boot menu.

I dont have any hard ware errors, have run chkdsk /r all without success. Is this a BIOS problem? I havent a clue.

Please help.

W

Wolfeymole

Your hard drive has died mate.
If you directed the first boot option to the cdrom and tried to reinstall XP and it came back with that error message then your hard drive is history.