• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Disk boot failure please insert system disk

Motherboard

FPCH New Member
Hello,
I have recently took apart another computer and took out its CD-writer. I then took out my old cd rom (which is 2.86X) and finally decided to upgrade. While i was taking out my old cd-rom which is a CDR-2732 manufactured in 1995. I then took that out and put in the HP Cd-Writer Plus. While it was booting it created an error which is Disk boot failure please insert system disk. I then took it back out and put in my old one(the CDR-2732) and it booted up just fine. Im really frustrated since i built other computers before. My boot is Cdrom first HDD second and Floppy third. Im running a SOYO made motherboard which is a SKY7VEM-PRO. I have a AMD DURON 3D now processor at 850MHz. My operating system is Windows 98.