• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

DLL messages

• Thread starter the nipple erecters
  • Start date
T

the nipple erecters

I have recently installed a mac emulation program. Now, each time I start up my computer I get these messages: winssnotify.exe - illegal system DLL relocation, and, cfd.exe - illegal system DLL relocation. I am a computer novice and, while understnading that this is not a good thing, it doesnt seem to affect anything other than testing my patience, for I have to close these boxes each time I start up. After I close them everything is fine. I really do not want to uninstall the program or system restore. Is there any way of fixing the problem without doing either of these?
I understand this is a little specific, but any information DLL messages would be helpful.

leonard

FPCH New Member
i have used windows media player and a few other media players to play mpeg files, but the audio and video are not aligned. one of them is playing ahead of the other.

any information on solving such a problem is highly appreciated.

Please start a new thread.

Try the vlc player, not found much it wont play.

Your pc could be too slow, the video could have been badly encoded or you could have the wrong codec.

I seem to remember a free utility called gspot that would tell you what codec to use.

Dave

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
what i would do is boot into safe mode (f8 at boot up)then do a system restore
start>all programmes>system tools>system restore
see if that helps
chose a date before this happened
regards
danzil