• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

dont know my wifi password and im not the administrator

rainy242

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I dont know the wifi password for my modem router. I looked on the modem router itself and Ive clicked show characters on the security tab of my wifi connection, but it wont do that as im not the administrator . I do know the IP address of my modem router and thats it, but I didnt put the password in so I dont know what it is can anyone help ?

KenB

Administrator
Hi again - we haven't seen you for a while :)

im not the administrator
This is now a problem.

If you are trying to connect to the internet - and have used the network before - then Windows should remember the login details.
You shouldn't need to type in the Network Key ( the password )

If it is the first time on the network then the Administrator, whoever that is, will need to give you the Network Key.

Usually the key is on a sticker somewhere on the router.
If this key doesn't work then the Administrator must have changed it.

If this is the case, we cannot help you by-pass the security on the router.

Can you ask the Administrator for the Network Key ?

=======

If you are trying to access the router software the problem is still the same I am afraid.
We cannot assist by-passing security passwords.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
If the router was provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) they will have put the password in when they set it up for your service connection, so it is them you need to ask.

Nev.

Top Bottom