• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Drive Full Error

bassdrive

FPCH New Member
I sent my old pc away to be reformatted, and it came back in a worse state, it has 2 hard drives, and in "my computer" it only picks up one, but in the boot menu it picks up both. i installed some games on on C: and it worked fine for a few hours then i got a blue screen with an error " Drive Full" and since then it hasnt booted windows, it come sup with the black screen and all the white writtng and it lets me go to boot menu and the bios but when i tell it to boot, the screen just goes black and nothing else happens, what can i do to get it working again? :confused: :( Thanks to anyone who can help. BassDrive

PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
First of all go in the BIOS and check that the 1st boot device is set to HDD - there will then be a list of drives near that so 2 for you and it will have their size and model number - move the one that is the OS to the top.
and SAVE and reboot.
if that does not work go into the BIOS again and 'load optimised defaults'

W

Wolfeymole

Does it physically have two hard drives or one hard drive with two partitions Bassdrive?

It also sounds to me like they put a recovery partition on the drive.

As Dalo said get back to us with the sizes of the drive/s shown in the bios.

bassdrive

FPCH New Member
I sent my old pc away to be reformatted, and it came back in a worse state, it has 2 hard drives, and in "my computer" it only picks up one, but in the boot menu it picks up both. i installed some games on on C: and it worked fine for a few hours then i got a blue screen with an error " Drive Full" and since then it hasnt booted windows, it come sup with the black screen and all the white writtng and it lets me go to boot menu and the bios but when i tell it to boot, the screen just goes black and nothing else happens, what can i do to get it working again? :confused: :( Thanks to anyone who can help. BassDrive
It does actually have 2 seprate hard drives, sorry i should have tried it and got back to you sooner i will have a look tomorrow ( saturday ) and get back to you both, thnx