• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Drives keep dissapearing

dan9

FPCH New Member
first my wireless internal card kept dissapearing it did it twice and takes about a day to come back on it will do many diffrent things. show but is dissabled even when i switch it on, the switch will stay red even in th on position, or more commonly dissapear completly using windows to verify the problem states its a network cable unplugged. but now that working and my cdrw drive has decided to dissapear, if i try running a disk it says no disk inserted and theres no drive atall in my computer.

im running windows vista on hp laptop.
amd duel core 64 bit.

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Dan

Welcome to Free PC Help

Several of our staff run Vista and will be able to help you with regard to this issue as soon as they get online, I would ask that you call back every hour or so.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Hello Dan.

Is the laptop still under warranty?

Try this:

From the Start menu, right click My Computer and choose Manage>Device Manager. Your drive should show up in the list with "!" or a "?" in front of it. Right click on the drive and choose Uninstall. Once uninstalled, restart the laptop and check the drive.