• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Dual motherboards, mother/daughterboard :-S

Owainj

FPCH Member
A friend has asked me to build a "frankenstein" pc for them from lots of different parts etc which i am happy and capable to do, however, they have just suggested the idea of dual motherboards as a mother/daughterboard config. This has stumped me a bit as i have never heard of dual boards, and tbh i cant see how this would help as it would just create twice the heat inside the case and as far as im aware it would not boost/increase performance.

Anyone got any ideas on this subject? :-S

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
I have also never heard of two boards, well not in a home pc :) if you want faster performance get a quad core processor :)
What is he planning on running that will need so much "power"?

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help Owainj.

"Frankenstein" computer is right. That's just wrong on many levels :)

Owainj

FPCH Member
Thanks for your input guys. Im glad that im not the only one that thinks the idea is a little crazy to say the least lol

JEBWrench

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Media Center Edition
Might as well patch together two seperate rigs and build a Frankenetwork.

I would think they would need to run on one single BIOS to be able to join together a la Voltron.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Multiple motherboards is what BLADE Servers are all about.

Not something you're going to put together on your own at home from left over parts.

If all they have is left over parts, then you may not even have all the parts needed to build a complete system, but good luck.