• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

dvd back-up problems (won't copy to discs)

christopher1212

FPCH New Member
I'm trying to make back-ups of my personal dvd collection. I'm using DVDFAB GOLD and everything goes fine until it is time to burn it . I got a message that said insert a compatible media disc. I'm using the Philips DVD-R & DVD+R 4.7 GB 120 min 1-16x speed discs, (new). I have 2 different disk drivers; the "Lite-on LTR 40125S" and the "Sony CDRWDVD CRX310EE" I'm currently running windows XP home. What do i need to do ? PLEASE HELP!!!

pc tech

FPCH Member
HI Christopher 1212

The model you have is not a dvdrw its a cdrw/dvd can write to cdrs but can only read dvds