• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

EI Systems e314

dazza40745

FPCH Member
Hi

I have a EI systems e314 pc running windows media centre 2005. now i have had this problem since september last year and don't know what to do. i have pretty much tried everything.

Basically, when i switch my pc on, it loads up ok until it gets to the windows xp screen it just automatically restarts. i spoke to tech guys through email who seemd to be the only people i know that deals with ei systems computers. i told them what i done (i tried reinstalling xp with genuine xp disc), and said that i needed to use the recovery software that they provided. so i ordered that on thursday and it arrived today. put it in and i still keep getting the same problem though. it also keeps getting stop error messages if i press f8 and disable automatic restart on system failure. I found that disabling L1 and L2 caching in bios fixes it but pc moves really slow. its on now but all it is black screen with the mouse arrow on it.

What seems to be the problem and how can it be resolved? Can you recommend any cheap technicians to come out and look at it?

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Dazza

Welcome to Free PC Help

and said that i needed to use the recovery software that they provided. so i ordered that on thursday
What happened to the first Recovery disk?

dazza40745

FPCH Member
i was never supplied one, there was a recovery partition on the pc already but i erased it when i used a windows xp disc totry and restore xp.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Did you use the "Destructive Recovery" that erases all your data and returns the computer's software to factory condition?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi dazza;
Based on previous posts over time it appears all your problems may be related.

You said before you reinstalled XP trying to solve the L1 and L2 caching issues but you never responded to the question asked by danzil. http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/t879-caching

On this same computer you also ran into other problems after attempting to fix it by reinstall. Again you didn't respond to the last post by danzil. http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/t931-System-Management-Controller-Possible-cause-freezing

Now you post again with similar issues on the same machine. Yet to the best of our knowledge you never followed through with the previous suggestions by danzil.

This could be hardware related but since you keep limping this computer along and never get back to us I suspect other issues.

Do you have infections? Have you checked your memory to see if it's good? Are you using this computer for gaming and overclocking it?

If you never get back to us on the solutions suggested or post back with answers to our questions then there is not much we can do to help.

Please take the time to bring all of your issues together with detailed information and supply the answers to ALL of our questions so we stand a chance of helping you.

Please do so in this post. Do not start another one.

Sincerely;
RandyL

dazza40745

FPCH Member
the reason i never responded to those posts as for some reason, my pc started to work again. and the problems i had i managed to solve them on my own. anway, i cleaned ram, that didn't seem to do it. I tend to use my pc more for work and watching films and sometimes use it for games. how do i check to see if my memory is good? The stop error messages tend to be different everytim i get them and i don't always get hem. lik the other day, i left my computer on but it was just a constant black screen.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
It sounds like you might have memory issues. Have you actually tried to replace the memory or switched to just one module depending on your system. Some memory (DDR has to be run in pairs).

You could try running a test. If errors appear right away you would probably have a problem. http://www.memtest86.com/

Even after long scan times on the test with no errors it could still be a memory issue. The only sure way that I know of is to swap known good compatible memory to test it.

RandyL

dazza40745

FPCH Member
ok, downloaded that memory test on the website u gave me. now runnin the test. just finding out from my supplier what type of memory i require. once i have found out, will purchase it then test it.

dazza40745

FPCH Member
the thing is, my pc ain't working, i can't access my internet through my pc, so to access this site, i am using my sisters pc. can i still peform a scan on my pc any other way? like with a bootable cd rom on start up!

dazza40745

FPCH Member
no its not, it keeps restarting at the black windows xp screen with the bar going across. sometimes i get stop error messages. here is the tech info i get.

0x000000E3, 0x805591A0, 0x85342328, 0x00000003 and 0x000000E3, 0x8535EA28, 0x85474378, 0x00000003

I noticed the two codes in the middle (0x805591A0, 0x85342328 and 0x8535EA28, 0x85474378) tend to change every time i restart my computer. what does this mean? what can be the problem now?

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
OK everybody, here's what we have so far. dazza40745 has two other posts that might be related.
http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/t931-System-Management-Controller-Possible-cause-freezing
http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/t879-caching

We do know he has run memtest86 which he says passed. So it might not be memory related.

We do not know if he has run error checking or check disk.
We do not know if he has run any anti-malware programs.
http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/t931-System-Management-Controller-Possible-cause-freezing#p2912

We're not sure if it's just the computer that is not working and experiencing intermittent startup or shutdown issues or if it's just an issue with accessing the Internet through an unknown browser at this time. The answers are not entirely clear.
But I think he can no longer boot at all. Note that in his first post in this thread he stated that he re-installed via destructive method. Look at posts below.

Without knowing more particulars I still suspect hardware issues such as:
Memory.
PSU.
Hard drive.
Motherboard.
Heat or fans.
Batteries etc.

If dazaa can't boot into Windows at all anymore would you suggest other diagnostic tools such as a hard drive test or malware test or memeory test from a bootable CD like UBCD?

The only thing google turned up on any of the error messages appear to be 2000 related. Such as the 0x000000E3 error. I found one other for XP but it seems unlikely.

Any ideas anybody?

dazza40745

FPCH Member
ok

these are the specs for the computer:

Intel Pentium 4 640 Processor

3.20GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache

1GB DDR2 RAM

80GB Hard Disk Drive

Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive

128MB ATi Radeon X200 Graphics

W

Wolfeymole

Have you got an XP disk at all Dazza?

You have stated you have wiped the recovery partition and a recovery disk won't work now.