• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Email containing attachments or pictures problem

deekay64

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Hi

When I email pictures, forward emails containing a picture or even attach more than one text-only Word document to an email it splits it into 20 or more 'pieces' to send and when they arrive they are 'notepad' attachments full of letters numbers and symbols?

I'm sure it's something to do with my settings but not sure if I'd need to make amendments within Outlook or my email provider.

For info I'm running Broadband through Virgin Media on a 6yr old processor with Windows XP. If you need anymore info like version etc... can you please tell me how to get this info.

I'm not at all technical but more than willing to have a go...

Thanks!

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
Has this just started? Did it work at one time? What program are you using to send mail? Outlook Express? Thunderbird? Eudora?

deekay64

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Kelly said:
Has this just started? Did it work at one time? What program are you using to send mail? Outlook Express? Thunderbird? Eudora?
Hi Kelly

Yes it did work at one time. I use Outlook Express.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
Looks like you're doing the right thing - using Outlook Express. I'm not familiar with Virgin Media - maybe they can shed some light on this.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi deekay64;
It sounds like you have OE set to break apart messages larger then a certain size. Try this.

Open OE.
Click on Tools>Accounts.
Click on the mail account to highlite it.
Click Properties.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Uncheck Break apart messages larger than........
Click OK.
Close OE.

RandyL

deekay64

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Thanks Randy - that has solved the problem - so simple...

Thanks very much for your help