• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

email log in notifications

porterman

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I have a quite oldish Android tablet running Android 4.2.2. I use a bt.com email address for my main email account and have a gmail address as a backup which I rarely use on the tablet. I also have an Android phone which has the gmail address as the main one and the bt one as a back up, I only have used the gmail on the phone occasionally. Over the last week I have been getting a notification saying there is a sign in error with my gmail address. When I click on it it says it cannot connect to the Google servers. The notification keeps coming back. I can sign in to Google ok on Google.com and it says there are no issues to rectify. Now I am getting the same notifications for my bt.com address. If I click on that it just sends me to the account page that you get via the app but there is nothing there to change.
Anybody know how to solve this? It is beginning to annoy me. I can still send and receive emails on both addresses.

Rustys

PC Experience
Very Experienced
You need to re-login to the google account.

On the top of your phone is there a triangle with ! in it?

Swipe down and select the message Account Actions Required then just sign back in.

Top Bottom