• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Emails on Dell

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi all,

Can someone please explain why my emails have stopped opening. I can re-open those that I have read, but new ones wont open.

The other issue is "copy & paste" I can copy & paste to a document etc, but it wont copy into the body of an email I am composing?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers.
BJ

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Which email provider are you using BJ ?

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi Ken, good to hear from you. I use, hotmail.com
But the oddity is, that it seems I'm getting get 2 identical emails. The 1st I open, then a 2nd one comes in which I can't open. I've now realised that it's the same info in the 2nd email, hence my forum contact as to why I couldn't open it??? So the query now is, why.

The copy & paste is still a query, which is weird. I hope I'm making sense.

BeeJay

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi BJ,
I don't use hotmail so I can't verify this.
Under Tools/Account Settings/hotmailaccount/Copies & Folders, uncheck "Place a copy in"

See if this helps.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your time. I can't find "tools" to try your suggestion, the DELL set-up is so different to my old Toshiba & I'm struggling to find my way around various issues. My Daughter in Law is due a visit, I call her my PA, I'll ask her to take a look at the query.
I'll get back to you with the result. Thanks again.

BeeJay.

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi Ken & Co,

D.I.L hasn't been yet so still can't copy & paste, but the email problem has sorted itself?? When I said I could only open one after two had arrived from the same source, it suddenly went okay? No idea why, but prior to that, hovering over one, the cursor would change to the pointer to open it, but hovering over the second one had no effect. So that's sorted, I'll still get back to you when my PA has been.
Cheers
BEEJAY

bj43cj47

Free PC Help Contributor
Hi Ken,
Had my PA round, but as yet couldn't sort it, so she's doing some research. So for now. I'm still getting a copy of each email I receive, but at least I know it's only a copy.
Regarding the "copy & paste" I can copy & paste to a doc any number of times, but only once to an particular email? But, there's always a but, if I come out of my emails & then go back in, I can copy & paste again. My PA reckons that could be down to Microsoft only allowing to copy once? Again she's looking into it. Gawd knows why I said my my email provider is Hotmail, it's obviously Microsoft. Doh!

Cheers BJ.

Top Bottom