• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

epson printer problem

wook

FPCH New Member
hi ppl hope you can help i bought a new dell dimension dxp061 duo 6400@2.13 running xp media centre v2002 sp2 a few months back and i have been unable to successfully install my Epson r300.
Get through the setup until the Epson printer utility setup asks to connect the printer and turn it on and w8 for confirmation. Great
But when I plug the printer in and turn it on windows recognizes it and asks for usb2.0mfp(hi-speed), also had exactly the same problem with my psp so hope u can help
Thanks in advance

Jelly

FPCH Member
it looks like you are pluging it into a usb1 port these devices use usb2 they will function correctley usb2 is just has a higher data transfer rate

Hope this helps you may also have usb2 ports on your pc as well try plugging it into differant ports

wook

FPCH New Member
tried all my ports and no joy is there any chance i could get a wireless connection for it or use a usb1 port as my old printer which was running me and about 8 years old had no problems with the r300 printer

Jelly

FPCH Member
you can user usb2 devices on usb1 ports with no problems. you can get wirless adapters for printers

wook

FPCH New Member
i cant seem to use it on any of my usb ports just asks for usb2.0mfp(hi-speed) which i cant seem to find anywhere