• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Erratic scrolling on internet browser

gregshep

FPCH New Member
Hi

I'm having problems with my internet browser.

The scrolling on it is acting erratic. It doesn't matter if I use the mouse wheel or the scroll bar, rather than the page scrolling smoothly as it has always done it has now started to do a slow and jerky movement.

I have both IE and Mozilla and they are both acting in this manner. The operating system is Windows XP.

I would be grateful if there is anyone out there who knows what the problem is and how to solve it.

Thanx

gregshep

varispeed

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
As a first port of call, press CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up Task Manager. Click the processes tab and see if there's any processes in the list periodically using an unusually high percentage of processor time (third column along) If you don't see anything there, that doesn't mean there's no processes behaving this way. The process responsible could be hidden by spyware.