• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

error code help!!!!

sknarootoo

FPCH New Member
can anyone please help my poor p.c? on start up i get to my desk top and as everything is loading the p.c auto restarts. i get the following error code:stop 0x0000008e (0x00000005, 0x8062c26b, 0xba99799c, 0x00000000) i have defraged and made disc space so its not a memory issue. any help would be gratefully recieved. thankyou.

i am currently in safe mode

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Welcome to Free PC Help.

Make sure the RAM is correctly seated. If you have 2 RAM sticks, try with only one at a time.

Also go to start -> Run and type cmd and then type chkdsk /r (note space between k and /).

You can also see this:WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

sknarootoo

FPCH New Member
error code help

sorry but im not a big p.c user what is a ram stick? also i typed in that little code what does that do?

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

That code is to run a scan disk on the hard drive of the computer.
And this is easier: Go start -> run and type chkdsk /r (note space between k and /).

The RAM stick is the physical memory of the computer. If you dont feel comfortable working inside the computer i do not recommend doing anything in the inside of the computer.