• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

ethernet driver

solid

FPCH New Member
Hi

I need to install a driver from http://support.asus.com for my motherboard. Model - A7N8X-VM/400. The driver is NVIDIA DOS NDIS Ethernet Driver. My ethernet port doesn't work, it never has. I've been told this was a problem with this motherboard and this driver should cure it. I think i need to make a MS DOS disk with the driver and flash my bios. I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone help???

Unless you are networking in DOS thats the wrong driver (or in linux with wrapers).

I am on the website now and god its slow.

OK no network drivers. That means the driver is either included in windows or within one of the other drivers. Download all the XP (i ***ume you are on XP) drivers and install them. That may fix the problem. From what you have writen I dont think you want to take the risk of flashing the bios. You can always buy a network card, they are not expensive.

How do you know the network card is not working ? and how are you so sure its a driver issue ?

Dave