• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

• Due to the complexity and risks involved our formally trained malware staff will be the only ones allowed to help with malware removal advice. Thank you.

Firefox -patch problem

jimmyedwards

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi
I keep getting this firefox-patch.js message, I tried to get rid of it with Malwarebytes but it keeps popping up. Any one have any know how on getting rid of this, thanks in advance.

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Jimmy,

This is probably coming from an infected site that you are on.
These messages tend to be fake and are there to entice you to infect your system with malware.
I take it that you don't have a decent adblocker installed...... these adblockers will normally stop these messages from being shown.
These messages are not coming from your system.... they are coming from the website that you are on.
That's why MalwareBytes can't see or remove it.
No adblocker will completely remove all ads or these popup messages.... but they will get rid of about 90% - 95% of them.

For Firefox... I recommend:

uBlock Origin
Click on Add to Firefox.

Once installed, I recommend that you update the blocking definitions.

Tools >> Add-ons >> Extensions >> Options in uBlock Origin.
Scroll down and click on Show Dashboard.
Now click on 3rd Party Filters >> Update Now.

jimmyedwards

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Thanks I just installed uBlock ,do I need to uninstall adblocker and adblocker plus? Thanks once again.

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
do I need to uninstall adblocker and adblocker plus?
I would, it'll save any possible conflicts.

uBlock Origin is more than an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker".
The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites

Top Bottom