• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

formatting a slave hard drive

the game

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Professional
i have recently added a slave drive to my pc i have installed the drive then im trying to format the drive using the xp diskmanagement when i right click the drive and press format i get this messge ' The opeation did not complete because the partiton or volume isnt enabled. to enalble the partiton or volume please restart the computer' i have done this and its still not letting me format the drive can someone please please help me it would me much appriciated thanks :)