• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Game flcikering then crash...

Royce

FPCH New Member
I have had this problem for a few months now and its really starting to tick me off. The computer was completely fine and could play everything i had installed. But a few months ago, i went onto Guild Wars and there was some random flickering i thought it was textures but i might be a mixture of texture flickering and just random flickering. Its alright for about 2 minutes then it starts flickering, then the screen will go black and it will then return to normal with the game still running, then flickering again. It will do this about 2-3 times then it will completely crash the computer forcing it to restart.

Any Help?

W

Wolfeymole

Hello Royce

Welcome to Free PC Help

Have you installed any other CPU/Memory intensive programs lately that may be sucking resources?

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Yes I would tend to agree as well that as long as you've not installed any recent software or Microsoft updates that it could be a heat issue.

Take the side of the computer off and see how dirty it is inside. I'd use some compressed air in a can that you can buy from the local PC store in your area typically. Some say to use a vacuum but I'm not too keen on that idea myself and often a vacuum is not as good as directed air blast from a can.