• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Getting movies onto digital camcorder

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
I have a digital camcorder with a Firewire (IEEE1394) port. I've taken movies with the camera and used a Vista machine to get the movies into the computer. From there, I've edited the movie and now I want to get it back into the camcorder. I see that I can burn the movie to a DVD, but I don't see where I can feed the movie to my camcorder.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
I don't do that kind of work so this is from the top of my head (I'm unable to access the rest of my head until after lunch).

If you right click on the file, can you "send it" or "copy to" the camcorder?

Or you should be able to copy the file, explore the camcorder, and paste as necessary.

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
It may be the software you're using, but typically when it's all connected the Camera should be a device that can be selected by the software to write to.

I don't currently have mine connected for a while now so I can't do a check/confirm for you. Might want to visit a dedicated Camera forum for this though.

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
I want to put the edited movie/film back onto the camcorder because I trust tape (in this case Digital 8) more than I trust home-made DVD's. I have too many home-made DVD's that I've burned and others have burned that have become bad over time and won't play or have pixilation. I never had a problem with Digital 8 tapes.