• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Graphics Card Help!!!

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Do you have the full model number of your laptop?

Intel HD graphics tells me that it is on-board so you won't be able to update the graphics, unless it has a free slot for a separate one (research on the model will find out more)

I thought when I bought my laptop I could update the graphics, but I was wrong when I realised I bought the SE model and not the EA, or visa-versa...

With the full model number it will be easier to tell. :)

ronaldj

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
is this what you need?
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48%, bgcolor: efefef, align: center"]System Model[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48%, align: left"][/TD]
[TD="width: 4%"][/TD]
[TD="width: 48%, align: left"]Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 0589120000242B10010020100
System Serial Number: CNF1076CML
Enclosure Type: Notebook
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
is this what you need?
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48%, bgcolor: efefef, align: center"]System Model[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48%, align: left"][/TD]
[TD="width: 4%"][/TD]
[TD="width: 48%, align: left"]Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 0589120000242B10010020100
System Serial Number: CNF1076CML
Enclosure Type: Notebook
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Shut down your laptop, turn on and enter BIOS (Or SETUP). Depending on system depends on they key used to enter. In the first screen of BIOS (SETUP) will be your model number of the laptop you are using. As an example I think mine is a DV6-3141EA.

This information will tell us the exact laptop you have and if it is upgradable.

-Steve

KenB

Administrator
Hi ronald

Can you let us know what you have listed here please?
Start > type in .....devmgmt.msc .......ENTER
Click the + next to "Display Adapters"

What is listed ?

Vr5fx
please continue with your train of thought.

Vr5fx

FPCH Long Term Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced