• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Graphics card memory

Heardyousmile

FPCH New Member
I'm trying to play a game that needs a 128Mb Graphics card, thats all well and good, i have a 128mb graphics card but when i try to run the game it says the games needs 70mbs of Graphics card memory to run and i only has57 mbs... any ideas...?

I'm running with XP, 1 gig RAM and fulfill all the other requirements set by the game.

Thanks a lot

-Charlie

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Heardyousmile and Welcome to FPCH

Try disabling all screen savers.

Remove any THEMES and use the Windows classic setting

Remove any background wallpaper images and just use a single solid color with no patterns.

Try those and let us know how it goes. Also close or stop things from auto starting if you don't use them.