• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

graphics card

walt

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
I am not sure what graphics card I have and not sure how to find out, but when installing win98 it will not pick up on the graphics card. All I know is that it needs a Radeon software. Any idea on how to find out what other stuff I have in the computer as I did have a bit of softwaer once that read my computer and told me every thing that I had. I have an old HP media desktop and running win 98 secound edition.
Walt

im not sure but radeon's site may have a programme that automatically updates your graphics drivers. try installing it and it might pick up your card. i think its called a catalyst software suite - install it and it may even just tell your your card name

walt

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Thanks for that, I am now up and running with the graphics card.
Walt

brainless

FPCH Member
download and run a small free program from Lavasoft called Everest Home. This will tell you everything inside your PC you need to know