• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

graphics card

Grune

FPCH Member
hi can anybody recommend a cheap graphics card that will play most of todays games that will last me a little while until i can afford a top of the range 1. i was thinkin of gettin the ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256MB cause i read a few good reviews about it. not looking to spend more than £70.

cheers

merciarich

FPCH Member
Grune said:
hi can anybody recommend a cheap graphics card that will play most of todays games that will last me a little while until i can afford a top of the range 1. i was thinkin of gettin the ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256MB cause i read a few good reviews about it. not looking to spend more than £70.

cheers
Mine was a ATI Radeon 256mb 9300 or something like that, available from www.dabs.com/uk - I would highly recommend ATI Radeons. They do have some bugs but the majority of the time they are fine.

Regards,

merciarich

Grune

FPCH Member
cheers i'll give them a go see how they compare to nvidia. considering everybody is always slaggin them off and sayin nvidia is better

Red

FPCH Member
nonono

under £70? Go for the one i own, i know its out dated but i haven't had the nerve to upgrade properly

Sapphire Radeon 256mb 9550

It is an amazing card, runs Halflife 2 at full spec at 1024 x 768 at 30+ frames. It's a fantastic card for the price, and is really stable once you install all necessary drivers etc. It is dated now, but if you are a 'steady' gamer, then i suggest it.

Here's a link for it at eBuyer, the only place to buy technology from :p -> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=62209

Man it's only £42 including VAT, was £80 when i got it lol

Grune

FPCH Member
i just had a quick check and they aint sellin it no more. looks like a decent enuff card for now aswell
might have to try faithful old ebay lol

Grune

FPCH Member
i bought the card u mentioned the 9550 and all it does is crash my games i think it could be a faulty card but its peein me off cause i cant play any games

Jamey

FPCH Member
Sounds like incorrect drivers or out-of-date ones, or DirectX is too old or the card itself (as you suggested) is actually at fault. If you bought it via eBay, I'd ask the seller if you can return it as faulty.

Grune

FPCH Member
i typed in the problem on google and it says a number of things like updating ur processor and display drivers and there was this amd patch so i'm gonna try that and if it still does it i'll get in contact with the seller

cheers for the help

Cooper

FPCH Member
try places like ebuyer or somewhere like that, ive got a 5600 it places most games under high . some times it doesnt.
games like boiling point its struggled with .. and ive just got fear .. it seems to play that ok .. :D