• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Gwyn Howells

Gwynhowel

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
Hello,
I'm Gwyn and I know little. For several months my PC reverts to the date of manufacture ( Jan 2002). Surprisingly several programes refuse to work with this old date. it means that every time I turn on my PC i have to reset the date. I wondered if anyone knows how to fix this problem. I should be so pleased.
Thanks
Gwyn.

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Gwyn

Welcome to Free PC Help

This is a very simple solution.

Your motherboard battery has died and therefore not saving your clock settings amongst other things.

You need only to replace it, reset the time and away you go.

To do this however you will have to open the computer to replace it, make sure every thing is powered down and the power lead removed.

Take the side off the pc and locate the battery which, in this example, is located in the bottom left hand side, and is about the size of a 10p piece.

http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/epox_8rdaplus_motherboard_battery_cr.jpg

Gently prise it out and replace it, you can obtain them from Tesco in a pack of 2, they are CR2032 batteries.

Reboot and set the time correctly