• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Hardrive and service pack 1

jamesbrown

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Dear All,

It's been a long and painful journey but i reckon i've got all my previous issues under control.

I've had to do a system restore several times, because i get frequent crashes after installing updates from windows.

Would it be a good idea just to get service pack 1 from windows web site?
Also what FREE virus protection would anyone recomend.

Another thing, i have 2 hardrives, 1 of them has the operating system on, the other is just for data: i can't use the second one because windows needs to iniciate it or something, when i click on it, it gives me the option to format it, This takes ages, and because i don't have much time, i want to know whether it's working or not. I have canceled every attempt because i thought there was something wrong. This HD is 1TB big, so would that mean that it would take a long time?