• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

hardware

nemofish

FPCH New Member
hi ,can anyone help me plz,iam a novice with pc . my son pc is AMD Athlon[tm]64x2dual core processor.i think thats right.it suddenly stop readin disks.they start to load then the light suddenly goes off &and stops .he"s a big gamer and he doin my headin cos can not re-load warcraft......many thks

H0885

FPCH New Member
More information about the computer may be needed by others - Motherboard, CD/DVD r/rw make etc - but to me it sound like either the CD Drive has packed up or the power cable is loose or faulty. If you have a slight knowledge of the computer you could open the case up and perhaps try a different cable from thepower supply if there is one spare. Also, cd/dvd drives only cost about £20-£40 now.

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
have you tried a cd lense cleaner which you can get for about £5 in a computer shop.
do you only have 1 drive, have you tried another drive yet.
regards
danzil