• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

• Due to the complexity and risks involved our formally trained malware staff will be the only ones allowed to help with malware removal advice. Thank you.

have i been infected

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I updated firefox yesterday and now have an unwanted splash screen preceding every search. Since fiddling (as one does) I have introduced a "do you want to allow this program to alter your computer" before opening 'youtube'. If I click no, it does not open youtube..

I hope I included the correct files as it is some time since I used these programs.
Jim
PS none of the above allows me to attach a file

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Perhaps I should ask how to attach files?
Jim.

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I am unable to allocate time to the computer at the moment and have had to let it go to the local computer engineer. It needs a new DVD drive and a grill lifting in the front. Also the USBs at the back are not working. Oh woe is me - back on this W10 thing with all the adverts.....
Jim.

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi Jim,

So the computer that has the unwanted splash screen is now at the local engineer?

mij

Valued Donating Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Yes that is right Starbuck. Its DVD drive was screeching and the USBs at the rear were not working so another go should get it right.
Their is a benefit with the W!0 on this flaptop.........the Solitaire game is better :).
Jim.

Starbuck

Admin & Security Team
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Ok, if you need any help when you get it back you know where we are.

Top Bottom