• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

HDD Not Being Detected

fortifier

FPCH New Member
Hardware: Asus A8v Deluxe/ AMD CPU 3800+/1Gb Ram/ (3) 160 Gb Western Digital HDD/ CD RW & Dvd-RW

I used to use (5) HDD on this pc (3 IDE Connected) and 2 Sata Connectted (i've taken out the 2 Sata drive for use in another pc.

Problem: Dive 'G' connected to Raid Controller not being detected

This is what is happening:'C' and 'F" drives are detected and working..( they are connected to Primary IDE Connector on Mobo- 'C' (Master) 'F' (Slave)

'G' Drive (Master) is connected to the Primary Raid Controller on the Mobo. I went into BIOS and in the advanced changed the connector mode from RAID to IDE Mode...f10 reboot still no change.

This 'G' HDD is working because i have switched the connectors from 'F' and the drive contents are there.
Jumper settings on 'C' and "F" are Master and Slave

'G' HDD jumper is set on 'Master"

Any ideas would be appreciated ...thanx Stan ( fortifier@hotmail.com )
: )

Jamey

FPCH Member
If they are all regular partitions and there is no RAIDing going on, why don't you scrap remembering which drive was which, pull out everything and start again. Reset your BIOS, take out all of the drives and IDE ribbon cables and start again. Put one as a master and another as a slave on one IDE and the third drive as a master on the other IDE.